Voki


Get a Voki now!

Monday, March 16, 2009

More on Classroom 2.0

I am learning a lot through Classroom 2.0. I searched blogs regarding kindergarten, and I came across a few sites that could assist me in integrating web 2.0 in my classroom. One person suggested creating digital interactive books on a wiki using this website.

They also listed another website for creating a video, and yet another website called Voice Threads was listed as a tool to use to build oral language and fluency in speaking. One person recommended that the students draw a picture of a character from a story that is digitally reproduced, and then talk about the character's traits using descriptive words. You could even embed it in a website or blog so parents could view it.

Yet another suggestion was to take pictures of things around your school that have the letter sounds you are studying, and then kids add their voices to narrate the photos.

Now, I just need to make time to play with it and become familiar with it. There are so many great ideas that it's easy to get caught up in it all!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn you are doing better at exploring useful info so far I am just having fun with the technology I am going to try to go to a couple of your site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn how did you hyper link voice thread ( or any web page)in your blog? Looks like an interesting site did you join??? Keep blogging if you do anything with it. I am getting better at posting video and found the help site on the bottom of our blogger dashboard page had two quick links to get very good directions. I will also look there on how to hyperlink within the blog

    ReplyDelete